Best Management Practices
- Store used antifreeze in compatible containers that are in good condition and labeled "Used Antifreeze Only."
- Do not mix used antifreeze with any waste or other material such as solvents, cooling system flushes, used oil, or motor fuels.
- Use antifreeze collection, storage, and transport containers solely for the transfer and storage of antifreeze to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
- Keep used antifreeze containers securely closed, except when emptying or filling, to minimize the potential for spillage.
- Keep used antifreeze containers in a secure area. Proper maintenance will ensure they do not leak, rupture, or tip over.
- Clean up spills of used antifreeze immediately.
- Keep proof of recycling such as a log for on-site recycling or an invoice or bill of lading for off-site recycling. EET will provide a certificate of recycling for clients.
- Inform employees and customers about proper handling and spill response procedures.
Contact EET for more information about our antifreeze recycling services.
Copyright © 2011 EET Corp. All rights reserved.