What Benefits Does HEEPM™ Offer?
EET's High Efficiency Electro-Pressure Membrane (HEEPM™) system can be operated in a batch, semi-batch, or continuous flow arrangement for the desalination of liquids. In all of these arrangements, the HEEPM™ integrated approach provides these numerous tangible benefits for many applications:
- Lower energy and capital cost requirements compared to nanofiltration/reverse osmosis or High Efficiency Electrodialysis (HEED®) only systems for the same throughput, product quality, brine concentration, and product recovery rate in most applications;
- Optimum feed concentration maintained to both HEED® and nanofiltration/reverse osmosis subsystems;
- Fouling components and subsequent membrane fouling minimized thereby minimizing cleaning and downtime;
- Greatly improved recoveries (99+% possible) compared to nanofiltration/reverse osmosis only systems, even with high TDS feeds;
- Improved product quality stream for use, reuse, or discharge compared to nanofiltration/reverse osmosis or HEED® only systems;
- A highly concentrated brine stream, minimizing brine discharge requirements or enhancing value of recovered product; and,
- A more robust process capable of responding to changes in feed quality and quantity more easily than nanofiltration/reverse osmosis or HEED® only systems.
How Does HEEPM™ Work? (Overview)
How Does HEEPM™ Work? (In-depth)
HEEPM™ Key Features
Contact EET for more information.